Cat lovers know cats. The quirky, neurotic, downright adorable things they do are a daily part of life for feline aficionados. See the sheer, undeniable kitty essence immortalized in these 30 cat quotes.Enjoy these cat lovers quotes and feel free to share them with your fur-baby-loving friends!
1. "You can keep a dog, but it is the cat who keeps people because cats find humans useful domestic animals." - George Mikes [Tweet this quote]
2. "Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you." - Mary Bly [Tweet this quote]
3. "For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat." - Anon [Tweet this quote]
4. "In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." - English Proverb [Tweet this quote]
5. "Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous [Tweet this quote]
6. "Meow is like aloha - it can mean anything." - Hank Ketchum [Tweet this quote]
8. "As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the humankind." - Cleveland Amory [Tweet this quote]
9. "Dogs have owners, Cats have staff." - Unknown [Tweet this quote]
10. "One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway [Tweet this quote]
11. "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want." - Joseph Wood Krutch [Tweet this quote]
12. "A meow massages the heart." - Stuart McMillan [Tweet this quote]
13. "Way down deep, we're all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them." - Jim Davis [Tweet this quote]
14. "I've met many thinkers and many cats, but the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." - Hippolyte Taine [Tweet this quote]
15. "Cats can be cooperative when something feels good, which, to a cat, is the way everything is supposed to feel as much of the time as possible." - Roger Caras
16. "Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily go in one ear and out the other." - Stephen Baker [Tweet this quote]
17. "The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world." - Lynn M. Osband [Tweet this quote]
18. "Are cats lazy? Well, more power to them if they are. Which one of us has not entertained the dream of doing just as he likes, when and how he likes, and as much as he likes?" - Fernand Mery
19. "Cats do not have to be shown how to have a good time, for they are unfailing ingenious in that respect." - James Mason [Tweet this quote]
20. "There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat." - Tay Hohoff [Tweet this quote]
21. "You can't own a cat. The best you can do is be partners." - Sir Harry Swanson [Tweet this quote]
22. "There are no ordinary cats." - Colette [Tweet this quote]
23. "The phrase "domestic cat" is an oxymoron." - George F. Will [Tweet this quote]
24. "If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr." - Barbara L. Diamond [Tweet this quote]
25. "By associating with the cat, one only risks becoming richer." - Colette [Tweet this quote]
26. "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -Unknown [Tweet this quote]
27. "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats." - Anonymous [Tweet this quote]
28. "You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats." - Colonial American proverb [Tweet this quote]
29. "Since each of us is blessed with only one life, why not live it with a cat?" - Robert Stearns [Tweet this quote]
30. "There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten." - Jules Champfleury [Tweet this quote]
Interesting Cat Quotes from History
What did Mark Twain say about cats?
Mark Twain is often attributed with the quote, "If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man but deteriorate the cat."
What is the cat quote by Oscar Wilde?
Oscar Wilde is attributed with saying, “Cats are put on earth to remind us that not everything has a purpose.”
What is a famous saying or proverb about cats?
The proverb that famously says: "A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."
What did the ancient Egyptians believe about cats?
Many quotes from hieroglyphs state that the ancient Egyptians believed that cats were magical and would bring good luck to anyone who cared for and housed the animals.
What did Greek mythology teach about cats?
Ancient Greeks viewed cats as diving creatures and many of the famous Olympian had cats.
What do the Japanese believe about cats?
In Japan, cats are believed to have protective powers and provide good luck to humans who care for the creatures.