If you are looking for a dog treat brand that you can feel good about feeding your dog, then look no further. The best dog treats are made right here in Canada. Your dog will love the taste, and you'll know that the ingredients are sourced from trusted Canadian farmers, fishermen, and abundant natural resources.
Too many pet food companies offer cheap (and cheaply made) dog treats, packing them full of artificial flavours and preservatives, along with ingredients that are not good for your pet’s digestive system. We like to think these folks aren’t pet owners. The good news is, you don’t have to buy these terrible ‘treats’ for your pup.
To help guide you when shopping for great dog treats to buy for your four-legged friend, here’s a list our favourite Canadian-made dog treat brands that you can have confidence in.
The Top 20 Canadian-Made Dog Treats
1. ValuePack Canadian Beef Liver Dog Treats
ValuePack Freeze-Dried Canadian Beef Liver Bites are about the best bang for your buck that you can get for dog treats. Where else can you get 900 g of freeze-dried Canadian-sourced beef liver for only $39.99? This is a Homes Alive Pets exclusive brand. We went directly to the manufacturer to provide you with the best value on one of the most popular treat categories, freeze-dried. These treats are made and sourced right here in Canada, using only Canadian beef!
ValuePack Bites Benefits
- Amazing value!
- Single ingredient treat (great for sensitive diets)
- No additives or preservatives
- Ideal for training
These specialty dog treats are the cat’s pyjamas for your pup. Acana dog treats are made from ethically raised meat, straight from Canadian farms. Great for any dog, young or old, and they’re extra tasty and soft, making them easy on the teeth and gut. Choose from Yorkshire Pork, Grass-fed lamb, and Free-run Duck. Yum, yum!
Acana Treat Benefits
- Soft texture
- Free of synthetic preservatives
- Simple, single animal protein (great for sensitive diets)
- Suitable for all life stages
3. AWOL Beef Liver
This versatile treat can be used for almost any type of treating and is made from 100% all natural Canadian beef liver. Made by CoatBooster, a small, Canadian, family-owned manufacturer, AWOL liver treats are great for picky pets. With three mouth-watering flavours, AWOL treats will have your dogs living for liver.
AWOL Beef Liver Benefits
- Naturally dehydrated and smoked
- Available in apple, hickory, and maple smoked flavours
- Crunchy texture can be broken into any size, making them suitable for treat training, rewarding, puzzle toys and even meal toppers
This family of Canadian-made dog treats covers any and every craving your furry friend might have. From tough elk-antler chews to flavourful crunchy biscuits and chewy bites, Nutrience is an all-star when it comes to finding the best treats for your dog.
Some great Nutrience dog treats are:
- Cabin Chews – Perfect for the mightiest chewer in your family (we mean your dog, of course), these durable elk-antler chews are packed with the essential vitamins and minerals glucosamine and calcium. They’re odour-free, grain-free, and are a great, long-lasting chew to keep your dog occupied for hours. They’re also a great oral-care treat!
- Freeze-Dried Treats – A superb freeze-dried treat filled with nutrients and all the flavours of the protein rainbow. Choose from salmon/cod/hake; beef/pork/lamb-liver; and chicken/duck mash-ups. Your dog will be packing in all that healthy protein, all while being lost in flavour-heaven.
Nutrience Treat Benefits
- High in Protein (Freeze-Dried treats)
- Great for oral health (Cabin Chews)
- High in essential nutrients
- Plenty of variety
In business since 2007, Puppy Love is a company proudly based out of Fort Macleod, Alberta. Their dedication to quality, locally-sourced ingredients, and high manufacturing standards have made them one of the very best quality dog treat suppliers in the country.
Their natural chews line up is mouthwatering (for your dog, of course) and includes varieties like chicken or turkey breast, elk liver, beef tendons, and bison backstraps.
Puppy Love Treat Benefits
- Source of real animal protein
- Zero artificial additives & preservatives
- Great for oral health
This fun and fresh brand brings a whole new level of energy to your dog’s treat time. Granville Island Pet Treatery makes tasty baked dog treats give your pup a host of health-conscious options to help remedy everything from stiff joints and stress, to itchiness and gas!
Their unique and tasty herbal treat options include ingredients like peppermint/fennel/marshmallow/dandelion (to ease gas), along with other natural remedies like skullcap/chamomile/lemon balm (to ease stress).
Granville Island Pet Treat Benefits
- The natural ingredients and herbs offer gentle, plant-based remedies to minor health issues
- Created by pet nutritionists, medical herbalists, and holistic veterinarians
- Offers an immense variety of dog treat options
These mighty little treats are like a punch of flavour and nutrients for your little “wolf”. With flavours like duck, salmon/sardine, turkey, and pork, your pup is bound to feel as mighty as a wolf with all that protein. Under the Waggers brand, My Mighty Wolf treats are kettle cooked to perfection, making for a tasty treat that works for dogs of all ages and breeds.
My Mighty Wolf Treat Benefits
- Low calorie treats
- Soft and chewy texture
- Made in small batches to ensure quality and freshness
- Ideal for training
With over 30 years in the business, Darford knows what it takes to keep your four-legged friend at their healthiest. Darford proudly crafts simple, yet effective premium dog treats tailored to suit your dog’s unique flavour and health needs.
They’re baked to crunchy perfection and, with flavours like pumpkin, cheese, peanut, and salmon, they’ll have your pup begging for more.
Darford Biscuit Treat Benefits
- Bulk packed for extra value
- Grain-free options available
- Simple, natural ingredients
- Come in a wide variety of delicious flavours
- Available in large and small biscuits
A homegrown company from beautiful British Columbia, Snack 21 dog treats are made of Canadian Pacific, wild-caught fish. Snack 21 is dedicated to pet-nutrition, and as such, they don’t cut corners when it comes to the parts of the fish they put into their treats.
They use only the best meat portions of the fish, ensuring the highest quality of product and flavour for your dog.
Snack 21 Treat Benefits
- 100% wild-caught Canadian Pacific fish
- Crafted in their in-house facility, located in Richmond, BC
- Delicious and nutritious fish protein
- Excellent for skin & coat health
- Rich in Omega 3 & Omega 6 fatty acids
Small batch and cooked to perfection, these tasty morsels are handcrafted to the unique flavour preferences of dogs everywhere. Kettle Kraft is all about the slow cooking process, where they simmer their treats for hours, soaking in the flavour, and ensuring your dog will salivate over every bite.
Their wholesome, locally-sourced ingredients include venison, prairie chicken, Pacific wild-caught salmon, and (our personal favourite) Okanagan apples. Mmm, mm, good.
Kettle Craft Treat Benefits
- Slow cooked, and simmered for hours ensuring delicious flavour
- Soft chewy texture is easy on sensitive teeth
- Available in small bite and big bite to suit small and larger breeds
This truly Canadian brand specializes in natural and limited ingredient treats. They are dedicated to sourcing fresh, local ingredients from Canadian food growers to make your dog’s favourite treat format as healthy and delicious as possible.
Since the beginning, Northern Biscuit makes there treats to order, maintaining freshness, consistency and quality in their products.
Northern Biscuit Treat Benefits
- Available in both grain-free or wheat free options
- Both crunchy and chewy formats are available
- Northern Biscuit minis are ideal for treat training and smaller breeds
12. Farm Fresh
This pepperoni style treat line is a fan favourite. Packed with flavour (trust us, we've tried them!) and made using only 9 wholesome fresh ingredients, these treats will satisfy your dog’s meaty cravings.
Their soft texture makes them very palatable and easy to break into smaller pieces. Farm Fresh sources all of their ingredients from human grade suppliers from the Canadian prairies.
Farm Fresh Treat Benefits
- Available in 3 single protein formulas, beef, pork, and the newest addition, lamb
- No preservatives or binders
- Suitable for dogs of any size or breed
Priding themselves on being a small, family-oriented business, Rollover makes all of their products are hand-made at their privately owned plant in High River, Alberta. Each treat is made in small batches to ensure quality and consistency.
Their crunchy biscuits are made from their signature food rolls, thinly sliced and baked to perfection. Rollover chews and bones are ideal for tough chewers and dogs that need a longer lasting chew.
Rollover Treat Benefits
- Meat-rich, high-protein treats and chews
- Single ingredient options for allergies and picky eaters
- Offered in a variety of shapes, sizes and formats to accommodate all types of chewers
14. Jay’s Treats
Jay's dog treats are available in a variety of types to suit your treating needs. For very effective training, we recommend trying out Jay's Tasty Adventure snack mixes.
This snack mix is great for a treat pouches and provides variety in flavour, texture and scent to keep you dog excited about training. Jay's also offers a line of functional soft and chewy treats to support hip and joint health.
Jay's Treat Benefits
- Highly palatable and great training sessions
- Made in small batches to ensure quality and freshness
- Easy to digest
- Ideal for training
15. Crumps' Natural
With a focus on making Canadian made, single ingredient dog treats, Crumps' had humble beginnings and big dreams. For almost 20 years, Crumps Naturals have continued to innovate new treats and formats to suit any dog.
Their privately owned and operated kitchen in Brampton, Ontario produces all Crumps Naturals products, including their newest line of dehydrated food. All ingredients are sourced from North America.
Crumps' Naturals Treat Benefits
- Available in chews, dental sticks, training treats, and freeze-dried formats
- A variety of proteins offer something for everyone from chicken, beef, and lamb, to sweet potato or apple
- Made without additives, colours, and preservatives
16. Buddy Jack's
Your buddy deserves only the best and most delicious snacks. Buddy Jack's offers a large variety of treating and snack options. Brought to you by Canadian Jerky co., their signature soft and chewy treats are meaty, pork liver morsels blended with nutrient dense superfoods like cranberry, goji berry, and kelp.
They recently expanded their line to include even more treating choices, like jerky or freeze-dried snacks, using only locally produced and sourced ingredients.
Buddy Jack's Treat Benefits
- High-meat, low fat treats (ideal for weight management)
- Large variety offers choices for all breeds and ages
- Grain-free and low carb (suitable for allergies)
- Functional treats available to support skin + coat, immunity, anxiety, and heart function
17. Benny Bully's
Benny Bully's is one of the pioneers of freeze dried beef liver treats. Since 1990, Benny Bully's has been using their proprietary freeze-dry technology to make delicious and nutrient-rich beef liver snacks for all your treating needs.
They started with their original single ingredient beef liver, and have expanded to include superfood ingredients like coconut and pumpkin to support digestion and immunity.
Benny Bully's Treat Benefits
- Free of preservatives or additives
- Wheat and grain-free
- Easily broken into smaller pieces to suit any treating need
- Can be rehydrated or used as a meal topper
18. Oven-Baked Tradition
Focusing on slow, low-temp, oven-baked recipes, Oven-Baked Traditions offer a variety of treats to reward your dog. All of their treats are made in small batches using simple homemade recipes to ensure quality, consistency, and un-beatable flavour.
Their slow-cooking methods lock in flavour and leave maximum nutrients to support your dog's overall health.
Oven-Baked Tradition Treat Benefits
- Low calorie
- Grain-free and grain friendly choices available
- Offered in juicy fillets, freeze-dried bites, soft + chewy nuggets that can be used for treating or meal toppers
A treat made for true carnivores, this freeze-dried snack is rich in animal protein to nourish your dog with every bite. UBite uses only sustainably sourced, fresh, whole animal ingredients.
Choose from pacific cod, grass-fed beef, cage-free chicken, or ranch raised pork.
UBite Treat Benefits
- Human-grade, sustainably sourced
- Single ingredient treats (ideal for allergies and sensitive digestion)
- Free of preservatives or additives
- Can be used as a treat or a meal topper
20. Great Jack's
This extensive line of truly Canadian treats offers something for everyone. From freeze-dried to bully sticks, Great Jack's is designed to provide a complete treating spectrum for dogs of all ages and sizing. The soft and chewy training treats are made using 60% pork-liver, offering a nutrient-dense and low carb treating option.
Great Jack's freeze-dried raw bites and bully sticks are single ingredient to support the needs of dogs with allergies and sensitivities.
Great Jack's Treat Benefits
- Grain-free and low carb
- Kettle-cooked, low temp freeze-drying methods lock in nutrients
- Low fat, high protein (ideal for weight management)
Your Dog Deserves the Best
Homes Alive Pets is all about finding the very best supplies, treats, and food for your dog – and that means pointing our customers in the right direction as to the healthiest choices for your pet.
The ingredients that go into their bodies to fuel them, needs to come from the healthiest, most trusted Canadian sources who are pet-owners themselves. That’s why we seek out the brands with the best quality ingredients, and the highest manufacturing standards to give your pup the highest health standards available.
What's your favourite Canadian dog treat? Let us know in the comments!
Posted by Krystn Janisse
Krystn is a passionate pet nutrition enthusiast. She has worked in the pet industry for over a decade and loves to share her passion for animal welfare with others. She loves all animals but is currently channelling some crazy cat lady vibes with her five lovable, but rebellious cats.